Earth Day activities are being planned for the BVI. On Tortola, Bounce VI is organizing a fun, beach day at Cane Garden Bay, Tortola. Bring the whole family out for a day of good clean fun in the sun.
- Lion Fish Hunt – Multiple teams on a hunt for Lionfish, then showcase how to clean and cook lionfish. Follow with Lion Fish tasting.
- Eco Market – Will offer a variety of eco-products and services offered and made in the BVI.
- Clean Up the Bay & Underwater Clean Up – Get a team together to join the Beach and Underwater Clean Up.
- Eco talks- Community leaders will discuss environmentally relevant topics to the BVI and share ideas to made a difference and inspire others.
- Eco film – Short Movie Show
- Green Parade – Paddleboard and kayaks on a green parade to create awareness.
- Eco Bar – No straws, Natural and locally made Cocktails with less waste, and showcase eco-friendly options for drinking and eating on the beach.
- Other Activities- Fire Show, Volley Ball, live Music, DJ
On Virgin Gorda, Green VI is launching the WE RECYCLE education and public relations campaign. Teams from Bregado Flax, Roteract, Teens for the Ocean and the BugOut Vector Control Team will be going from door to door to speak with residents in The Valley. One hundred homes will be visited, a survey will be conducted, an update of Virgin Gorda’s clean up efforts on mosquito breeding sites will be presented, as well as information of what can be recycled on Virgin Gorda and where the closest recycling points are.